Sunday, June 2, 2013

Wichita River Fest

Hey, all!
Tonight is going to be the first of my weekly "5 Things" challenges. Along with that, I have a little bit of fun to share with everyone about my day.
So, as my locals know, it's that time of the year for Wichita River Fest!
(Side Note: The theme this year is "Let the Good Times Flow", which just makes my whole dang week when taking part in these things.)
Today was the first day that I decided to go out among the crowds to explore the area-- I wish I had kept track of steps.
Seriously.
Usually, I don't have anything to do with the river fest, except the "Medallion Hunt". For those unaware of what that is-- it's basically where the City of Wichita hides a medallion in one of the public parks. They release clues throughout the week of the festivities and whoever finds the medallion first, gets a new car.
It was found.
Literally a few hours before we got to run out and check the places we expected it to be.
Sad face.
Either way, we found some good things, as our badges were already purchased. Today was the start of those good things--
JET SKIS!


And lots of sunburn. Lots and lots of sunburn.
Really, the only flaws I saw today(other than my lack of sunscreen) were 1.) There were no water stations where they were giving free water to people.
And 2.) Prices were completely ridiculous. Buying tickets so I can buy food? Nah. Not going for that, guys.

That's the day.

Now, it's time for my "5 Things Challenge"!
For my fellow bloggers who have no idea how it works, you need to pick 5 things that you are going to try to do this week. That can include little "to do" items, if you need to make graphics for your blog, get your car checked out, etc. Then, next week, report how well you did and make another five things to do.
Here are mine for this week:
1.) Get graphics done for the blog!
Seeing as this is a blog for me and my corgi, I see it fit that we need to have our signatures at the bottom of our posts. No more "text" signatures for us.
2.) Hoop dance at least 20 minutes a day.
I love hoop dance and I practically live and breathe with a hoop in my hands at all time. However, now that it's summer, I've found it really hard to get the motivation to hoop a moderate amount of time per day. I find it more appropriate to browse Pinterest or Facebook stalk old classmates...whoops.
3.) Do my morning yoga~
I found this awesome "wake up" yoga routine to do in the mornings. I really want to try this.
4.) Take more pictures for the blog.
Duh.
5.) Fix my sleep schedule...
Recently, I've been staying awake for a godawful amount of time. Whether that me on my own will, or just because I can't sleep, it's not helping me any. Staying up late, only getting about 6-7 hours of sleep. Eek.

That's all for now. See you all in the next post!
((Expect some fun tomorrow, I think))

-Nina G.

No comments:

Post a Comment